LVCA-Minutes March 2019

Minutes LVCA-Minutes March 2019 2019-05-04

No permission to download
  • The meetings of the LVCA take place monthly, alternating between the first Saturday of each month and the first Thursday evening of each month. They typically take place at Lawley Academy, but please check before leaving, as the venue can sometimes change.

    The meetings for 2019 are as follows

    Saturday 5th January 9am to Noon
    Thursday 7th February. 7pm to 9pm
    Saturday 2nd March 9am to Noon
    Thursday 4th April. 7pm to 9pm
    Saturday 4th May. 9am to Noon
    Thursday 6th June. 7pm to 9pm
    Thursday 4th July. 6.30pm to 9pm * time changed due to Lawley fete Saturday 6th July - Noon to 9pm LAWLEY VILLAGE SUMMERFEST LVCA stall
    Thursday 1st August. 7pm to 9pm *note change of venue: Horsehay Golf Club,
    Saturday 7th September 9am to Noon - Note venue change to Ramada Hotel
    Thursday 3rd October. 7pm to 9pm
    Saturday 2nd November. 9am to Noon
    Thursday 5th December. 7pm to 9pm

    All are welcome to attend
  • Many members have asked that we post a map showing who is responsible for what. We have been working hard to try and get definitive maps, but this is a complex issue. BVT are working on an interactive geo map, which we hope will bring more clarity, but it is likely to take some time before this is is ready. In the meantime, we are posting a map of Lawley which has been given to the LVCA by the developers. It is not an official map and not endorsed by any other agency, such as BVT, Parish Council or TWC, and so should be used with caution. However, it will give residents an indication of what the developers are using to determine who is responsible for what, or who is planned to be responsible. The maps will always be slightly out of date. This latest map needs updating with the recent courtyard transfers but the highways and TWC land is correct as far as we know. The next update will be at the end of Sept.
Lawley Village Community Association Monthly Meeting

Meeting Held:
Lawley Village Academy
2nd March 2019 – 9:30am​

Chair
Jim Weir (JW)
Attendees
Keir O’Leary (KO), Fleur Hemming (FH), Dawn Southey (DS), Benedict Croft (BC), Rob Sullivan (RS), Ellen Rose (ER), Phillip Bearfoot (PB),
Apologies: Helen Gordon, Steve Kelly, Nicola Paget, Paul Wootton, Colin Faulkner,
Minutes from 07/02/2019
The minutes form the previous meeting were agreed

Welcome


Phillip Bearfoot was welcomed to the meeting as a first-time attendee.

Action Points from Previous Meeting

Discussion
Launch Day / Event – With the Launch event stalled the residents discuss the logistics and decide to even with objections from BC to wait until the 3 groups finish the report back process to the LVCA on the 6th June which will feed into the LVMC in August, it is proposed for September 2019 with the hopes of tying into the new stewardship proposals. In the meant time a leaflet will be designed to hand to new residents of fee paying BVT areas with direct to LVCA website
Three Groups into One – Discussions have taken place and it has been agreed with Residents involved, Yvonne and BVT that the groups will all merge and take place at one meeting / event / location every month rather than being split up as this has proved detrimental.
Newsletter – FH asks for a piece for the newsletter as soon as possible as well as head shots of resident representatives. BC has himself HG, KO & SK which he will send.

Actions
Person Responsible
Deadline
Information for the Newsletter to Fleur
Jim Weir
ASAP
Poster to be designed
Ellen Rose
ASAP (Holiday Dependant)
Head shots to FH
All
ASAP

Survey

Discussion
The new format survey has been completed into draft format and should be ready to go within 4-6 weeks, This new survey has been to the group 1 team for feed back and is going to cover not only BVT but resident issues, Lawley as an area, the developers and possibly there solicitors, it will go out to every resident with an individual ID number and will both digital and postal returns.

Action Items
Person Responsible
Deadline
Waiting for the Drafts
All
ASAP

Signage

Discussion
It turns out that the signage plans that ER had produced at the request of the Parish Council and had been sent to the Parish council by JW in January had not been presented to them or had gone missing, these have been resent and JW is waiting to hear the outcome after the next Parish meeting

Action Items
Person Responsible
Deadline
Waiting to hear from the Parish Council
JW
When it happens

Any Other Business

Discussion
Lawley App – FH discussed an mobile app that a resident in Lightmoor has developed and will be adopted by BVT for in a better work What is happening in Lightmoor / events / news etc. This is greeted with a lot of encouragement and BC offers to look at the existing set up with FH and discover if we could do one for the whole of Lawley
Obtaining Lawley.com – As there are lots of Facebook pages in and around Lawley and no fewer than 4 web pages, it has been proposed that discussions are held with the developers into obtaining Lawley.com from them selves and make it a one place to go website for Lawley. Its agreed to look into this as the developers don’t use or add to it anymore.
BVT Induction – FH has been asked when there is another induction to keep the Resident Reps populated, this is going to be looked at and fed back
The Community Fund – Fleur and Phil
Lawley Parish – Lawley doesn’t have its own parish, some time in the past a proposal for the borders commission, it did not get passed, this needs to be looked again as it would help with a One Identity for the community
LVMC – Next meeting 7th March 2019 _Please can as many attends as possible.

Action Items
Person Responsible
Deadline
Contact the Mayor and T&W for confirmation on Parish Dates
JW & BC
ASAP
APP information to be shared with BC
FH & BC
ASAP

Conclusions


Action Items
Person Responsible
Deadline
Next meeting 4th April 2019 Chaired by Jim Weir
Meeting will begin at 9.00am for Residents and 9:30am for BVT Officers
Meetings are open to charge paying residents, but please notify Jim Weir chair@lvca.co.uk, Venue: Lawley Village Academy
Jim Weir


Meeting Close
2nd March 2019 – 10.28am​
Author
Benedict Croft
Downloads
1
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings